In the News
Awards and Recognitions
- 2013 - Bluewater Adventures is chosen by The Tourism Industry Association of Canada as "winner" of the Sustainable Tourism Award!
- 2013 - Bluewater Adventures receives Gold Award from Green Tourism Canada after completing extensive audit. This revered program launched in BC in 2009 and is a branch of Green Tourism Business Scheme in the UK, the World's leading sustainable tourism program.
- 2013 - Bluewater Adventures becomes a proud member of 1% for the Planet - what a great community of organizations!
- 2012 - Bluewater chosen as a finalist for TIAC's Parks Canada Sustainable Tourism Award.
- 2011 - Global BC's Linda Aylesworth and mike Timbrell joined us on a voyage through the Great Bear Rainforest to capture the essence of this remote area, that is currently at the centre of controversy. The Land of the Spirit Bear is a 4 part series that touches on the current concerns that the First Nations people and the highly revered kermode are now facing.
- 2011 - Selected by the Canadian Tourism Commission as one of the original 50 Canadian Signature Experiences showcasing Canada to the World.
- Queen Charlotte Islands Tour, selected by British Columbia Magazine as one of the "50 Things to Do Before You Die" In the Summer 2009 issue of BC Magazine. Sail Haida Gwaii
- Voted by National Geographic Adventure Magazine as one of the 'Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth!' - January 2009
- Bluewater receives 'Northern Advancement Award' from Northern BC Tourism - October 2008
- Bluewater goes Carbon Neutral - September 2008
- Bluewater was selected by National Geographic Traveler Magazine as one of the World's 50 Best Trips! - October 2007
- Hummingbird604.com & Miss604.com
Sailboating up Indian Arm with Bluewater Adventures by Rebecca Bollwitt
- Hellobc.com - Eco-Friendly Small Ship Adventure
- John Biehler - Sailing with Bluewater Adventures
Magazine / News Articles
"Of salmon and spirit bears" Writer John Borthwick joined us in the Great Bear Rainforest in 2013
Writer Kerry Banks explores Haida Gwaii in the spring time
|North Shore News July 2009
Cruise Provides Trip of a lifetime!
|BC Magazine Anniversary issue Summer 2009
Sail Through Haida Gwaii by Frances Backhouse
Spirit Bear Spotting in BC, by Bill and Joan Prunkl
Place of Wonder
|North Shore Outlook
Adventures in Sailing
|AMURA, Yachts & Lifestyle
British Columbia, From Bella Bella to Prince Rupert
Haida Gwaii Magic
|Western Living Magazine
Great White Hope